Saturday, June 30, 2012

New house and move

So we are finally into our new house.  It has been very stressful but it is done.  Mostly done at least.  I am still unpacking. 

I was finally able to work everything out with the realtor for our previous place.  That office was being horrid.  I think everything is working out fine though. 

As for the move, it was hectic.  The movers did a fast job but they broke some of our stuff.  My sons dresser is destroyed.  One of the movers tried to move it DOWN THE STAIRS all by himself.  Well let's just say the dresser took a tumble.  My nice cryatal pitcher was broken and my dresser was chipped.  Our Rockband drums are now not operational and a chipped glass shelf in my husband's Mimi's antique curio cabinet from Guam.  It is estimated at about $2000 worth of damages.  We will see how that goes. 

Anyway, all teh stuff got delivered and I have been unpacking and organizing EVERYTHING.  My husband had his surgery so he cannot walk.  Thus he is no help at all.  At least last time I moved, when he was in Iraq, I had some help.  I had some really great firneds help me out.  This time it was just me and my 10 year old son unpacking it all. 

Well now my son is visiting family 3000 miles away so I am without him too.  I certainly do miss him.  He called me early this morning to tell me he had gone fishing with my Grandpa james...his great-grandpa, and he caught "five big ones".  He also got to go to a mud bogg tonight.  I am so glad he is having fun.  Actually, I am kind of jealous. 

Nonetheless, the living area is completely finished.  The bedrooms still need a lot of work.  I mean a lot of work.  But I have the pictures on the wall and that always makes it feel like home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment