Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I hate being diabetic

So the past few weeks have been hell.  My glucose levels have been killing me.  I cannot figure out why they keep elevating.  There really is no reason for it.  I am counting my carbs, taking my meds, my pump seems to be working properly, I am not sick with the flu or anything like that...it just keeps happening. 

I have been dealing with this kind of stuff for 20 years and I can tell you, it never gets easier.  I am not sure I will ever get accustomed to these "sick days".  I also hate that it takes a few days to recover from this.  I will be tired and lethargic for days.  Ketosis takes a toll on the body and today I can certainly tell it has attacked me.  Not to mention it was so bad, I lost 4.5 lbs over night, literally. 

This morning it is 91 and normal finally.  I just feel so cranky and ugh.  Going to the doctor at 9am.  Maybe we can figure something out.  Regardless I have to be at work at 5pm so I do not have time to be sick. 

I hope my glucose levels stay normal and I really wish they could cure this disease.  I am so over it.

2 comments:

  1. http://paulsjourneytolife.blogspot.com/2012/06/day-56-diabetes-pt-2-burden.html

    This is Self Forgiveness I've done on Seeing Diabetes as a burden, There are other posts on the blog regarding diabetes I suggest you look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I will take a look at it. I have been dealing with diabetes for 20 years and have the Insulin Infusion Pump. I have mostly great days but the bad days ssem to get worse every time I hae one.

    ReplyDelete