Sunday, January 24, 2016

21 Day Fix Challenge Accountability

This lifestyle change has been easier than I thought it would be. I am still learning as I go and each day is a choice between temptation and a healthy choice. The following is my accountability and testimony blog for this first 7 days. So I only ate out once this week. It was yesterday while running errands with my family. My victory is in NOT getting that burger. I got the salad bar FIRST. Then I found the lowest calorie thing on the menu, bourbon chicken with spaghetti squash. It was actually good. I had water to drink. I have a Samsung Gear Fit (like a fitbit) and I have tried really hard to walk the 10k step goal everyday. I only missed it once this week and I really think I made enough steps. I just had to put the device on the charger for a while so I had uncounted steps. One night I actually jogged in place for 15 minutes, while reading a spiritual book, in order to get my steps and my devotional done for the day. In a normal day in my OLD life I would have no less than 5 diet cokes in a day. Add to that the 4+ cups of coffee and you can see a bad pattern. I have managed to cut down to only one diet coke each day (being diabetic I cannot handle the sugar of a regular cola) and 2 days this week I did not have a single cup of coffee. When I did have coffee I used stevia instead of equal. Instead, I am drinking water. I am attempting to get 100 oz each day but I typically only make it to about 90. I also take a bottle of water to bed with me so when I wake up, it is the first thing I grab and I drink it down. I said no to many things this week; burger king, crackers, granola, noodles, etc. I tried to make my carbs healthy ones using whole grains. I am making veggie spaghetti instead of using regular noodles. My family loves it, which makes me feel happy. Knowing they are supporting me and enjoying the food makes this so much easier. Another favorite we have discovered is Ezekiel 4:9 bread. It is delicious and WAY healthier than regular bread. I also did every workout this week for the 21 day fix and logged them into the beachbody gym. I want my shirt lol. The workouts are no joke. Even the warm up makes you sweat. I love how modifiers are included in the workout for beginners, like myself. I can begin doing the no modified movements but can easily move to the modified when I feel like I just cannot do anymore. It allows me, at my fitness level, to continue WITHOUT GIVING UP! I also drank my shakeology every day. Some days I really wanted to drink a second one. I am in love with the chocolate flavor. It tastes like a dessert. It is the easiest protein I have ever tried to drink. It mixes well and really does taste great. Many other proteins I have tried over the years always seemed chalky or coarse. Shakelogy is almost like a smoothie. I really do wish it was not so expensive but with all the money I am saving from not eating out and drinking so many sodas, I think my pockets will be okay :) It is also so full of nutrients, it is totally worth it.  I am seeing changes in my skin, hair, nails.  I am not sure if it is from the Shakeology or all the water, or some combination of both.  Whatever is causing it, I am pleased.  I am also seeing changes in my physique.  Small changes but noticeable.  I have to remind myself that nothing happens overnight and that I am type one diabetic.  Synthetic insulin is my lfe save and my enemy.  It makes it so hard to reduce weight since insulin is a fat storing hormone. I am not going to give up though. I will get to my goal. One step, one squat, one inch, one pound at a time!






No comments:

Post a Comment