Friday, August 31, 2012

Growing

School time is approaching.  My baby boy enters Jr High or Middle School this year.  This is a bitter sweet moment for me because I so miss him being a baby but I am very proud of the young man he is becoming. 

I think about all the firsts I enjoyed with him.  Like the first time I tickled his little baby feet.  The way he curled his toes into a tight tiny ball. The first time I blew into his belly button and he threw out his arms and legs into a star formation.  The way his eyes got big as saucers.  The first time he rolled over, crawled, walked, talked.  His very first day of school.  All of these very special moments that I hope I never ever forget. 



He is now a big 11 year old.  Five feet tall and over 100 pounds.  He is able to do a lot of things on his own and does not need me as much anymore...which is sometimes a great thing.  Other times it is sad to me though.

 He runs track and plays the viola.  When he enters 6th grade he is talking about moving to a brass instrument so he can participate band.  He is thinking of playing the French Horn.  Sadly, there is no orchestra at his new school so he has to change and adjust.



As he grows, I just hope he is able to be a caring young man just as he has always been a caring little boy.  He is my heart and I love him so much.  Some days I just wish I could still cuddle my little baby in my arms but now my baby takes up my entire lap.  He is nearly as big as I am. 



I know all things are meant to grow but he will always be my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment