Sunday, August 5, 2012

Not My Problem

One of the hardest things in life, for me personally, is realizing I have put my faith into the wrong person.  This is going to be one of my more personal blogs.  The kind I typically try not to write but I have to get this off my chest before it turns ugly and ruins this relationship.  This is the easiest and fastest way for me to purge it and avoid hurting the feeling of someone I love.

Long story short, someone I love struggles with weight.  I have been so supportive.  I even sat down and designed a well balanced diet plan featuring calorie burning foods.  And not crappy foods but yummy healthy foods like celery and other fresh fruits and vegetables.  I made all of this person's meals.  Diligently prepared them to be fresh, tasty, and full of variety.  I did this each and every day.  Not only that, but I did it with love and care; getting up at 5am to make the breakfast and lunch fresh.  I did not make it the night before because I did wanted it to be fresh and tasty.  I wanted the veggies to still be crisp. 

Anyway, as time passed I could not figure out why this person was either remaining the same weight or gaining weight.  I was so frustrated but I never let this person know how frustrated I was.  I assumed this person was doing everything they could to ensure the needed weight loss.  I certainly did not want to do anything to discourage this person's efforts.  I would honestly sit alone and cry because I could not figure out what else could be done.

Well today I found out why this person was not losing weight.  As I cleaned out the vehicle of this person, I found enough junk food wrappers that is the products had still been in said wrappers, I could open my own convenience store.  I am, at this moment, so very angry.

All my effort and energy was for naught because the person I love and attempted to help was not being responsible.  This person would rather I feel guilty than do what needed to be done.  I am so over it all.  I will no longer help this person.  It is all the responsibility of said person.  I will no longer accept it as my issue to help correct.  I have done all I can do and I now wash my hands of the entire situation.  I already have a son to tend to; I do not need anyone else I have to reprimand for irresponsible behavior.  

No comments:

Post a Comment