Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cousins

 
So my favorite cousin, my partner in crime, my friend since the day I was born messaged me today.  She was dreadfully upset because no one, not even her Mama, remembered her birthday.  The only love she got on her birthday was on Facebook.  **Side note: I tried to call her, as I am 3000 miles away, to talk to her but she did not answer**. 

Anyway, she was telling me how no one at home remembered her birthday.  She said she did not even get a card.  To male matters worse, she got a call a few days after from her brother.  He told her to come to their mother's house for a "fish fry".  She did not want to go as she was upset about her birthday and she was not feeling well.  She decided to go only because she thought they may be having a dinner for her birthday...since they all forgot!  Was this the case?  NOPE!!!  She was still forgotten.  It was not until she mentioned how they had all forgotten that they remembered. 

Well this upset me greatly.  So my brain started planning.  I told her to call me on Skype as soon she returned home after getting her daughter from school.  I also told her to make sure she had some beer.   When she Skyped I asked her daughter to call me.  Once I had her on the phone I told her to get some sort of snack cake and a beer and hand them to her Mama, my cousin.  She replied, I gave her the cake but she already has a beer"!  LOL that is so my cousin.

So as she handed her the cake, I had a piece of cake.  My piece of cake had a birthday candle in it.  The number "0"; as we refuse to get any older.  I told her daughter to start singing happy birthday.  Then We told her to look into the computer screen and blow out the candle (that was on my piece of cake).  As she blew at the computer screen I blew out the candle on my end.  We then had cake and beer together...my cousin and I that is.  Her daughter had water.  Hell, I even had a small spot of birthday decorations on my table so she could see them as we "celebrated her birthday". 

My cousin was smiling so big and she looked so happy.  I am glad I can make her feel special.  This is what she posted about our party..."Well, it took 5 days, but I received a birthday party today!!! All the way from Washington State!!! My most awesome cuz/bestest friend/PIC threw me a surprise party this afternoon, complete with blowing out the candle, cake, and beer! Made me feel special!!! (I know, right?? Who woulda thunk it?). Bless this chick!!! She loves me, regardless!!! Thank you for thinking of me, taking the time, and sharing the love!!!! And even suffering through a God Awful Coors Light, which in it's next life, hopes to come back as a real beer!! I do love you!!!!"  I wish everyone treated her this way.  She should be treated special because she is special to me.  I miss her everyday and i cannot wait until I can see her again and have a margarita and some nachos with her!      

2 comments:

  1. Sniff, sniff!! Love you and miss you. I know I can always count on you to make me smile, no matter how far down in my hole I am. Hope to be seeing you soon!!! Not soon enough! Love love love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete