Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Terror

So a few weeks ago I finally got into the doctor about the problems I am having with my ears.  I thought it was nothing serious but turns out i have some problems. 

Over the past few months I have been suffering from moderate to severe pain in my left ear.  The pain is not there all the time but on days I have the pain, it is awful.  The pain often leads to motion sickness followed by migraines.  I was also having difficulty hearing.  My husband and son had brought this to my attention.  I kept telling them I WAS NOT the problem.  The problem was because they mumbled. 

I honestly thought the problems were being caused by a small cyst that had developed behind my ear.  I went to the Dr in hopes it could be removed and then everything would be okay.  Nothing is ever that easy for me. 

Turns out I have Meniere’s disease (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001721/).  Fortunately, they can treat the disease but they said I would never regain the ow frequency hearing in my left ear.  If it goes untreated I could become completely deaf. 

Well tomorrow is the day all my testing is scheduled.  I will be undergoing a serious of tests that are designed to tell what triggers the motions sickness (vertigo) and the migraines.  I was told to have someone that could drive me home because I would be so sick they legally cannot allow me to drive myself home. 

Needless to say, I am seriously excited about all of this.  I am ready for tomorrow to be over with and treatment to commence.  I do not want to lose my hearing but I am trying to be optomistic.  I mean really, I may never get to hear the voices of my non-existant grandchildren or hear crickets chirping ever again but I also will not ahve to listen to other people's crap....right?  Ugh, I am really scared about this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment