Saturday, May 5, 2012

Find the Positives

As I dropped my husband off today for yet another training mission, I remind myself to find the positives in him being away AGAIN!  It is very easy to get caught up in the loneliness.  I never enjoy it when he is away as he really is a part of me. 

So the first thing I do when I tell him goodbye is enjoy my ride home without him criticising my driving.  He says I drive too slow because I drive the speed limit.  I drive faster when I am alone but when my son is in the car I think it is important to be extra careful.  I also cannot afford a ticket on my driving record. 

Next I come home and go back to sleep.  I pretend it makes me happy to not fight with him over the covers in our sleep.  It really does not but I can pretend.  He is so warm and puts off so much body heat.  I miss him when he is away because even if he steals the covers, his body heat keeps me warm. 

Once I wake up I think about all the things I can cook that he does not like.  Things I love.  Like slaw dogs.  He hates coleslaw, much less on a hot dog but I love it.  So that is what I had for dinner tonight.  And I can do that for the next several days. 

When he does not come home in the afternoons he will not put his uniform on the back of my couch.  His boots will not be strewn across the living room floor.  I may be able to keep the house clean.  Again, this really does not make me happy but it does comfort me a little bit. 

I will also be able to sleep a little later in the morning and not have to get up early to make his lunch.  It will be nice to sleep in late for a change.  If you consider 0530 sleeping late. 

The next eleven days are going to be long and boring but I will constantly try to find the silver lining.  If I do not do my best to stay positive I will get way to depressed.  Even when he is stateside he is gone so often.  Even eleven days seems like an eternity.  A short mission deployment lol.  I am just already ready for him to come home. 

Nights are the worst and sleep evades me when he is away.  I will be exhausted by the time he returns but my son and I are going to make the most of this week and try to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment