Saturday, April 28, 2012

Commune Reunion

I am writing this blog earlier than usual because I have plans tonight with some really good friends.  These people were the first people I met when I moved to WA three years ago.  This group of people made the first few months here bearable. Their children became friends with  my son and we all did a lot of stuff together.  We referred to ourselves as "the commune" since we all lived in the same apartment building.  We were the best neighbors.

These people were so amazing when they welcomed us into the complex. That year was great.  We would barbecue together, share birthday parties, drink together, help with each others children.  We really were like a little commune.  They were some of my favorite people. 

As time has passed we have all moved away from the apartments.  We live in different cities and are not able to get together anymore. Some of us work at night and some travel for work.  It takes effort and planning for us to all get together now. 

Well this afternoon we are all doing just that.  We have planned a potluck barbecue.  I am so excited.  Last time we all hung out we ended up wearing side pony tail and acting like fools lol.  It was a blast.  I have missed these people.  Especially my girls. 

Needless to say I am super excited about tonight and 5:30pm cannot get here soon enough.  I have some vanilla vodka waiting for us to drink it up.  Oh I also have potato salad i am taking ot the pot luck but vodka is most important lol.  The commune reunion will begin in T-minus 3 hours and 6 minutes.  I am so ready to party!

No comments:

Post a Comment