Saturday, April 14, 2012

Stubble = NO Kissing

YES TO CLEAN SHAVEN
YES TO BEARD
NO TO STUBBLE

As an administrator for a Facebook page that offers support to military spouses, I have recently seen a lot of questions and comments about a proposal for new Army rules involving stricter appearance standards for service members.  I personally have no problem with any of the proposed new rules as my husband was trained to follow these proposed regulations anyway.  The only one I will say I having any feelings about whatsoever is, "Service members must be clean shaven at all times both on and off post' including while on leave".  Many people are unhappy with this as it is invading the service member's private civilian life.  A statement in the ARMY TIMES Newspaper sums it up pretty well though, "You chose to join the Army.  The Army did not choose to join you." --Sergeant Major of the Army Raymond Chandler. 

Like I said, I have no problem with this and neither does my husband.  I am not writing this to complain about the new rule.  I am actually writing this because I LOVE this new rule.   I have no real preference for clean shave or beard.  I like them both.  However, I absolutely hate the stubble.  You know, the days of scratchy growth that occurs before a man can obtain the full beard.  It is so gross to me.  I cannot stand it.  It is scratchy and itchy and prickly; just plain gross. 

The main reason I have such an aversion to it is because of the roughness.  I love to kiss my husband.  I love to kiss him full on with deep passion.  But NOT if he is stubbly.  It is like kissing a freaking cactus.  It is not nice.  It is not sweet.  It is not passionate.  It simply hurts my face.  My face gets all red and it stings.  It makes me try really hard to avoid kissing him at all.  That in turn makes me sad.  Therefore, since he is not allowed to grow a full beard I prefer clean shaven.  It is enjoyable, inviting, and oh so very very kissable. 

This of course is simply my own humble opinion.  I am sure there are many people that enjoy the feel of stubble.  Some of them might enjoy kissing my husband right now because he needs to go shave at this moment.  His afternoon shadow is in full force hahaha!  :p              

No comments:

Post a Comment