Thursday, April 19, 2012

Romance can be easy

I think my husband and I have a wonderful and fun relationship.  We try to take pleasure in the simple things.  I do not require a lot of gifts or material things.  I enjoy being treated nicely and with love.  Sure we have our differences but nothing is perfect, right?

I am fortunate to have a mate like him.  We have such a fun relationship.  He knows how to push my buttons in humorous way.  We are usually laughing and joking with each other.  I am really lucky to have someone that values me. 

He does so many little things that make me all giddy.  For example, a few nights ago we were laying in bed.  He gently brushed his hand on my leg and said "I love the way your skin feels".  This made me feel so special.  He does stuff like that all the time.  Today I surprised him by meeting him for lunch.  When I arrived he gave me kiss and a hug, as per usual.  However, today when he was hugging me he said, "Your hair always smells so good".  Everyday he compliments me in these cute subtle ways.  Romance can be this easy.  You merely have to listen and appreciate the simple moments! 

I try to do these same kinds of things for him; like surprising him for lunch.  He knows I love the way he looks in his uniform.  I have never been able to hide that one!  And his legs...oh my.  He has some great muscular calves and a muscular chest that I love to rest my head on at night.  I spend so much time telling him how much I love resting on his chest and being surrounded in his arms.


I think the reason he and I are like this is because of our bad past relationships.  We have learned to appreciate all the little things.  We also spend so much time apart.  Due to our military life we have been apart half of our relationship.   This keeps our love from getting old.  We are unable to "get tired" of one another.  Also, we frequently get to relive the honeymoon phase of our relationship.  This is one of the FEW things I am thankful for.  It is, at least for us, a benefit of the military system.  I hope we would still be this affectionate of we were together as much as other couples are.  Maybe one day I will find out.  For now I am going to enjoy the tenderness we express and the love we share.  I will appreciate every moment I have him by my side; every moment I get to share with him.  The times we are apart I will remain faithful and loving, writing him often...even if he protests...until he is back with me and safe!             

No comments:

Post a Comment