Sunday, April 22, 2012

Family Anniversary

The blog today is going to be short and sweet as it is a very special time for me and my family.  I am just going to explain the day and how we celebrate so I can get back to spending time with them all.  Hope you enjoy!!!



Today we celebrated our three year anniversary as a family.  My husband and I always try to include our son in the event because I was a single parent when we married.  We decided, on our wedding day, we did not become a couple but an entire family.  Thus we spend the celebration together. 

I admire my husband for being such a phenomenal father.  He is amazing with our son and treats him like he is his very own child, maybe even better.  In my opinion, it takes a wonderful person to be able to do this.  It means a lot to our son also.  He was always upset that his real father was not part of his life (by his own choice).  However, since my husband is now in his life, our son talks about how lucky he is to have a dad like him.  A dad that chose to be in his life because he wanted too, not because he was supposed to or had to.  He loves his step-father so much.  Anyway, this is why we include him and since he has school tomorrow, which is our actual anniversary, we decided to celebrate today.  We all had a wonderful time and again I am reminded how blessed I really am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment